Monday 30 August 2021

Have you noticed the dog poo around town.

 

Have you noticed the dog poop around Hokitika that people haven't picked up? Because I have, people don't pick up their dog's poo and they are leaving it for people to step in. So if you live in Hokitika and have a dog then please pick up your dogs poo. It's like a minefield out there littered with mini dog bombs. I hope you have a look at the newspaper article in the Hokitika Guardian "Reminder to pick up after your dog poo" August 30 2021. This problem has got worse over lockdown, perhaps we should have a dog park to take our dogs with bags provided to keep it clean.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jack, I did enjoy your post. I live in Auckland and we have a path in front of our house that everyone is using for their exercise during lockdown. There are so many dogs and it seems like all owners have stopped being kind to their fellow walkers and are not picking up their own dog poo. I take my tiny grandchildren on my walks and it is quite disgusting when they accidently walk or scooter in it.
    Thank you for bringing this cause to the internet. I hope more people read this and act more responsibly with their dogs.

    Mrs Burt
    Manaiakalani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack, yes this is truly a yukky problem! People, especially people who don't even have a dog, shouldn't have to be accidentally stepping in dog poo. Although, I believe that if you own a dog, then as part of being a responsible owner, you should provide your own bags to dispose of the mess, as who would pay for them if they were provided, at a dog park, as you have suggested in your post? Nobody would want to....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful comment.